- A deep knowledge of production practices as well as methods for tracking and managing budgets is required.
- A bachelor’s degree is required. A degree in business or film is preferred.
- The person must have a demonstrated understanding of the film/television industry as well as experience effectively managing production/financial resources.
- The ability to multitask is a must.
- A full time UPM must have 3-5 years of relevant professional work experience.
- Create track and maintain budgets for multiple concurrent projects.
- Work closely with the Producer’s to help them achieve their creative goals while keeping the projects on time and budget.
- Oversee and train students in working as a UPM.
- Manage and oversee ¾ time UPM’s.
- Coordinate the logistics of each project.
- During production ensure that all crew and cast members, vendors and equipment are informed of location and call time. Make sure the set runs efficiently and keep to the daily scheduled work.
- Coordinate needed crew and equipment in house as well as with outside vendors.
- Oversee the postproduction process to ensure the project is completed on time and ready for broadcast.
- Work closely with BYUB Accounting to ensure all invoices, time cards and other financial documents on projects are properly managed.
- Create contracts for outside vendors.
- Work closely with BYUB’s General Counsel to ensure all legal requirements are adhered to on projects.
CLOSING DATE: 11-28-11
START DATE: ASAP
APPLY ONLINE: YJOBS.BYU.EDU, JOB #110808